2010年2月13日 星期六

Color Practice 4

An imaginary piece of Valentine Balloon Race. The rest are landscapes. The last one has an added monster called "Coming Out".







Posted January 29, 2010:



This is based on an ad from Wall Street Journal.









Posted January 21, 2010:



I've redone this kid with pan pastel.







Posted January 19, 2010:



A color experiment gone awry. I put blue down thinking that putting orange on would give it a zing but it turned green. So I had to put elf ears on this kid to account for his strange skin tone. LOL.







Posted January 4, 2010:



The original reference is the second statue from the right and I was testing out some of my color sticks and pencils and wash. Messy and not satisfactory but at least I made the statue called Grotesque do some exercise.




Posted January 2, 2010:



My boss is insane. Between letting staff go, firing new staff, we are now down to the three of us manning a 24/7 shop. I've been working six days in a row in the last two weeks and the swing shift is the hardest for me. By the time I get home, it's midnight. I don't do well driving in the dark and yesterday morning, at 6 am, I missed a couple of exits while listening to Park Yong Ha's sonorous voice and panicked and wondered if I were heading to San Francisco for real. LOL. Luckily I wasn't late. Today is one of those days where I get off in the afternoon and don't go to work till tomorrow afternoon and I have a good 6 hours to myself on both days to draw. These I did at work.







Posted December 14, 2009:



One of the crabs that I was ready to cook on Saturday.







Posted December 2, 2009



The lily I got from work finally wilted and made a perfect subject. I would usually just stick with line art but yesterday, I felt like adding some color but while I colored it with colored pencils, I fell asleep. The next one is soft pastel.







Posted November 22, 2009:



Some monstrosity here - acrylic paint with Derwent Inktense pencils for details.







Posted September 28, 2009:




Gouache






Posted September 13, 2009:



Two quick pieces using Cretacolor Hard Pastel. The second one has Dr. Ph. Marin's Bombay India blue ink on it. One more piece.








Posted August 22, 2009:



Practicing from watermedia books. The first one is Inktense pencils and wash. The next two are Gouache.








Posted August 21, 2009:



Some rhubard with oil pastel and watercolor.



Posted August 21, 2009:



Practicing watercolor and  markers.



xyz軟體補給站




Posted June 29, 2009:



With what little I have on hand, everything else packed away, I did a small piece of a barn with nudists. Color pencil work is really too hard on my hand at the moment. It would be the last time I use color pencils to lay down colors until it is recovered. Edit: I gave the house a typhoon ravaged look in the tropics.






Posted June 19, 2009:



More plants.






Posted June 13, 2009:



Chinese lantern flower with color pencils and then photoshopped.





Posted June 11, 2009:



More watercolor practice with Inktense pencils. Quite a mess.






Posted June 9, 2009:



An imaginary piece with Derwent Metallic pencils and Col-Erase pencils.
xyz軟體補給站






Posted June 8, 2009:



I put the girl and the message on this Inktense piece. The car was from the newspaper but I colored it my way too.




Posted June 6, 2009:



Golf clubs that my daughter's teacher lent her for her lessons. Derwent Metallic Pencils and a couple of Prismacolor pencil. A squirrel with  Derwent Metallic Pencils and Prisma Verithin.







Posted June 4, 2009:



A mix of Derwent Graphitint, Derwent Tinted Charcoal and Derwent Inktense color pencils.






Posted June 4, 2009:



I did this standing by the road for 30 minutes and the petals were so confusing and using watercolor pencils and a rough textured watercolor sketchbook did not help, with or without wash. When I got home, I detailed it with a 0.25 mm pen and it is so not like me, dot by dot, mark by mark. My fingers and mind kept saying, this is clumsy. Just get a brush and brush over it.  So I grabbed my Pentel Pocket Calligraphy brushpen and did what I knew best, outline them in quick sweeps the Chinese way. Now it looks better. First is original, second is the clumsy Western way, the third is my way.















沒有留言:

張貼留言