2010年2月13日 星期六

Other Portraits 3

My middle son's basketball coach and the coach's girlfriend. The first one, I did it from a photo. The second one, it was life drawing with her posing for me for 10 mins.







Posted February 6, 2010:



Some more practice on other people.







Posted January 23, 2010:



A color experiment gone awry. I put blue down thinking that putting orange on would give it a zing but it turned green. So I had to put elf ears on this kid to account for his strange skin tone. LOL. I've redone this kid with pan pastel.







Posted January 21, 2009:



Some quick sketches testing some new Wolff carbon pencils.







Posted December 31, 2009:



I did this one at work tonight. A bit of an exaggeration of her features and expression but not rendering her too ugly. Col-Erase colored pencils.







Posted December 30, 2009:



The first one is Pentel Pocket Calligraphy brushpen and the second one is Col-Erase Colored Pencils.







Posted December 21, 2009:



A young boy on toned gray paper.




Posted December 15, 2009:



OMG, I was testing out my Cretacolor Chunky Charcoal - colored charcoal in 1/2 diameter sticks on some rough paper and it's so good. And this Italian shoemaker on Wallstreet Journal is just too pretty to pass up. He could be a lover to one of my lovebirds in my fan fiction!!!








Posted September 27, 2009:



A couple of portraits tonight for practice.






Posted September 1, 2009:



Al Pacino, Bruce Willis, Louise Brooks, and the Terminator.






Posted Augsut 22, 2009:



Some more minimal art. My daughter loves the third one. I like them all.






Posted August 20, 2009:



I am now into reducing the portraits into minimal lines. This one is done in one minute and I think it looks fabulous. A self pat on my back. I don't think many people at Wetcanvas do minimal art like I do yet.  This is based on a photo of very old vintage stars of the 40's in black and white.



Posted August 15, 2009:



This guy is a dance choreographer.





Posted July 24, 2009:



The grandmother of my son's good friend came to our house. She sat on my couch and she could take up 2 seat space and has triple chin. While I drew her, she kept talking and moving her head and in the end asked me to give her a young girl's body. Hahaha...here it is.







Posted July 15, 2009:



This girl took me an hour to design from scratch. One of these days, she will the main character of my story.





Posted June 25, 2009:



Supposedly Marilyn Monroe.







Posted June 6, 2009:



I was sketching a pretty star but I kept falling asleep and made her into an old woman instead. LOL. Derwent Drawing Pencils.















沒有留言:

張貼留言